Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

no lease/no heat

Posted by Brenda Gantt on October 23, 1999 at 23:43:35:

City: Brooklyn NY
Rent regulation: I don't know which type of rent regulation I am under.
I have not had a written lease since the one given to me when I moved in to this
apartment in Aug 1995. I do have a copy of the annual apartment registration that
I received from DCH every year.
Number of units: There are 9 apartment in this 3 story building.
I do not know when this building was built, I do know that it is more then 40 years
old. That is because Mrs. Scott has lived here for more then 30 years.

In the four years that i have lived here the landlord has refused to give suffcient heat.
He gives us 1 hour of heat four times a day, and only if the temperture is below
48 degrees outside anything over 50 degrees he turns the heat off. The windows in my
apartment do not close at the top all the way, I have called the heating hot line
every winter, which does not have any affect on him at all. There are other things
wrong in my apartment like big holes in the floor by the radiators, exposed wires
from a light fixture that he took down in the small foyer, no intercome or buzzer syste
in the building. I can go on and on. I would like to know what can I as a tenant
do about getting these repairs and suffcient heat this winter. as well as getting
a lease. He has not given me a lease since I moved in to the apartment on Aug.1,1995.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name