Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: checking up on HPD violations

Posted by Anna on November 05, 1999 at 21:09:18:

In Reply to: hpd's effectiveness on housing code voilations posted by Nancy on November 03, 1999 at 02:01:45:

: Early in the year, I lived in an apartment that had multiple housing code violations. One in particular is that the building was an illegal multiple
: dwelling. I recalled calling HPD several times to investigate and had many inspectors in the building, but don't know if HPD took action on punishing t
: the landlord for their violations. Is there any way, to finding out what actions HPD did take in individual building violations? Please let me know.

Yes, to see violations in HPD's computer system (does not include: heat/hot water violations, OR Building, Fire, Sanitation, Health Code violations): go to any CityAccess kiosk (see explanation and list on HPD's site on the Official NYC WebSite http://www.ci.nyc.ny.us/ ) and look up the building.
Or go to the HPD office in the borough where you used to live: ask for the file for that building.
ps; Illegal-Three's are a violation of the Building Code, which is NOT HPD's domain. Read a good explanation on Queen's Borough President Claire Shulman's website: use search in this forum to find the URL.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name