Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Breaking Lease next day / Real Estate keeping Fee

Posted by Luz Torres on November 09, 1999 at 17:07:44:

In November of 1999 I signed a lease to take an apartment and decided the next day that this apartment was not going to be good for me at all. The landlord was kind enough to allow me to break the lease without liability. However, the real estate broker held on to $400.00 dollars of mine and refuses to return it. As well as, demanded the rest of the Real Estate fee. I would of still worked with the broker to get me another apartment suitable to my needs. However, he refused to speak with me and did not allow me to enter into the real estate office to discuss this matter. I am thinking of writing a small claims letter demanding my money back. I figure the landlord who could of taken me to court pardon my wrong decision why should the broker punish me for it. Why should the broker make his money on my expense. I was wondering is there anyone out there that knows any New York laws regarding this matter or can offer great advice. Thank you.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name