Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Property Removed

Posted by richard on November 24, 1999 at 17:44:18:

In Reply to: Property Removed posted by Jasmine on November 24, 1999 at 15:41:44:

2 questions...you did not pay rent yet your lease was up on the 30th did you use the
security for the last months rent, or did you not pay ANY rent during the month?

And was the electric, phone, cable cut off? if so then the Landlord could assume it was abandoned

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

: Recently, my landlord entered my apartment and removed my remaining boxed property. He thought that the apartment had been abandoned because rent had not been paid. He disputes the property that was still in there and refuses to pay. Therefore, I have filed with small claims court. However, the property management said that they will stand against me & my husband in court regarding the remaining property. What advice can you give someone in my position to better prepare myself. My lease was not up until the 30th however they entered on the 20th and only agreed to pay me for the 10 days in which they had regained control of the apartment. Any way they have admitted fault but refuse to reimburse me. Jass

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name