Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Invasion of Privacy

Posted by SB on December 04, 1999 at 23:42:06:

I am presently renting a house in New York. The landlord decided to put the house up for sale. The lease states that the landlord is allowed to show the property to prospective buyers. He did that alright, in addition held an Open House.

For two hours I had about 50-60 people, unsupervised, tracking through my house. My wife an I did not expect this at all. He did send me a flyer in the mail stating that the house is open for "inspection" for two hours, which turned out to be a two hour open house, to my dismay. I thought the "inspection" was going to be some sort of a building code inspection, apparently not.

I'm not sure if I was intentionally misled or not. Now he has an Auction scheduled for next week. The flyer calls for a one hour "Open House" (not "inpection") followed by an Auction. I'm not sure where he plans on holding this auction, my dining room table?? Is all of this legal??

In addition, my lease is until next summer. Am I protected under my current lease should the house change owners???

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreaciated!

Thanx.

SB

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name