Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Threatning Neighbors

Posted by Jerri Green on December 18, 1999 at 08:53:33:

Houston, Texas, rent controlled, written lease, 75+ apts, new owners 1997 (?)
not sure when built.....
I in an upsatirs unit with my 2 children (boy 6) (girl 10) and husband. Neighbors
across from me and under married with one child (girl 12). The 2 girls use to play together
and were best friends till August 1999....Due to an incident involving the 2 girls
with the other parents denying their child did any wrong my daughter was forbidden to play with
this girl again....about 2 weeks later the girl began to stock my children...when my children would go outside to play the
other girl would follow them around regardless of where they went to avoid her ultimately causing my children to return to the
apartment. Trying to talk to the parents have brought nothing but aguments and complaints from other naighbors which have resulted in
letters from office about "noise". About the 2nd week of Sept my daughter begain receiving letters with
this girls name on them cursing at my daughter with filthy words ie (bitch) etc.. A copy of the first letter
was sent to the rental office. upon rcving the 2nd one a talk with the parents resulted in a call to the police a report was made and an investigation started.
Upon talking to the rental office again..I was told that they did not want to get involved and that we were to work this out amongst us....to no avail...Now
we have vandelisim.....written on our door in red and on the wall beside the door is wrriten "Kill her....HA HA HA"
and Kill Samantha (my daughter) at this point i calle d the police again and filed another report.....This is a continuely
ongoing problem....and it is only in our 4 unit area and during the hours of 3:40 pm and 6pm...This is when my daughter
gets home from school and I come in from work. The rental office states that they dont want to get involved.....Please help me....what can I do??????
My children are scared to go outside to play and I am tired of coming home to vandilism and nasty notes

Please reply to my email shaliyah@hotmail.com

Thank You for any help you can give in this matter.

Jerri Green

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name