Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Help!!!!

Posted by alice on December 28, 1999 at 13:53:57:

In Reply to: Help!!!! posted by GenX on December 28, 1999 at 00:12:49:

: I have been renting a room from a guy for 6 years. We share a two bedroom Apt. My name is NOT on the lease and I dont think my landlord knows im there.
: My roomate advised me that he is moving out and i have to be out of the apt by the end of this month. I do not have any proof of living there since i pay in cash and
: none of the utilities are in my name. I do receive mail there though. The rent is really cheap and he told me it would go up about 20%. My credit is awfull and would never pass a credit check.
: I can get a roomate with good credit but i dont know if that will suffice.
: Please Help ASAP. TIME IS SHORT.

: Thanx,
: Gen

OK: did you read the box at the top of the page before you wrote this? do not give exact specific info, but do tell where you live!

ps: if NYC, here's the basics, read more on the homepage & use search for more info, your own or the one on this page: you are a legal roommate/occupant, the guy leaving is your landlord, if you ask, his landlord might just give you your own lease for the legal 18-20% increase for stabilized, sky's the limit for not stabilized. Otherwise, both your landlord and his landlord must sue you in Housing Court to get you to move out. And it starts with a specific 30-day written notice, not a get-out-by-end-of-month verbal notice.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name