Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

security deposit plus

Posted by brian on December 29, 1999 at 10:07:49:

I live in N.Manchester IN. my wife and I rented a house from 92'to Aug.99 we were under a lease year to year up until late 97 and was not renewed as the rent went up it was clear to us we could move to a bigger house for the same money I notified the landlord a month ahead and requested are security deposit back after we moved and everything was to both parties satisfaction in the mean time the landlord was happy with us moving because they wanted to do renovations new roof,ect.. after we moved we heard nothing from them for over thirty days then I receieved a certified letter with an estimated bill for cleaning and repairs plus late charges from three years ago it was obvious they did not want to refund us are deposit but I expected that from this party what I didn't expect was the over and above charge with all that info my question is without a current lease and threating to take me to small claims does this landlord have the right to charge more than the security deposit and that the itemized list is bogus charges just so he has money for a new roof and windows

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name