Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Neighbor stole my mail

Posted by Kathirene on December 30, 1999 at 16:46:18:

Loaction Birmingham AL
rent under a lease
24 units in complex Apartment complex
building 20-25 years old

2 months ago a new tenant moved across from my unit. The first encounter I had wiht the new tenant was about 1:00am. She was beating on my door, when I answered she was very drunk and wanted to know if my power was on. I told her my power was fine and if she was having problems to call the pawer company. An hour later she was beating on my door again, when I answered she asked again if myb power was on.I could clearly see into her apartment and all her lights were on but she insisted that the power was off. I told her to call the power company that i had to go to work in a few hours and needed to sleep. 30 minutes later she was banging on my door again. this time i called the police. Since then They have been up very late most nights with all kinds of people coming and going. I have hed 2 neighbors witness the tenant stealing my mail and I have been that the boyfriedn is an x-con for killing someoneand I need to be careful. So now I have been told by the police, the post office, and the landlord " there is nothing that can be done" and " Our hands are tied" what can I do? I have lost all sense of security and have been victimised and no one can do anything. I am not afraid of the neighbor but I am worried about my property. I have recorded conversations with the landlord. In these converstions I have been told there is nothing they can do as long as they pay the rent. I ahve spoken with other neighbors that have also complained about the same tenant. Why should I have to move, I pay my rent too. What can I do? Or what can I have done? Please help! advise all responses to kweaver@baxglobal.com
thanks for any help
Kathirene

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name