Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Techno musician below...what to do??

Posted by john birge on January 06, 1999 at 01:39:22:

Hello,
I live above a techno musician who plays throughout the day -- off and on, sometimes solo, sometimes with others, from about 10am to 4am. Primarily I don't even hear the higher notes - I usually just hear and FEEL the awful, machine-gun bass. This has been going on a year and it is seriously preventing me from enjoying an otherwise great studio in the East Village.
I have spoken many times to this neighbor - he basically ignores my requests. (I must also admit that the floor between us seems very cheap - the building is very new.) I complained to the landlord 6 months ago and she told, essentially, it was my problem and there was nothing she would do.
So, how should I proceed?
There is a potential twist: I re-signed a 1 year lease (yes I regret it now) 4 months ago and despite 3 phone calls, the landlord has not sent me a copy of the new lease. Is this coincidence or do they have me flagged as a problem tenant and are not sending me a copy of the signed lease as a way of limiting my recourse? I am hesitant to complain again before I get a copy of the lease in my hands.
Thanks for any reply -- I am very new to this.
JohnB

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name