Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: How do I find out if my apartment actually is or isn't Stablized?

Posted by satori on January 06, 1999 at 20:10:40:

In Reply to: How do I find out if my apartment actually is or isn't Stablized? posted by James on January 06, 1999 at 18:07:14:

2000 a month? And he wants $150 more he must be nuts.
Well, the way I found out, I was living in a stabilized
apt. after my landlord was charging me, extortionat rents. I called the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) unit of
(DHCR) Department of housing and community renewal,but also, consult
a lawyer, becuase there are all kinds of clauses, these
landlords have. Well anyway, all I did was call the Foil
unit and they sent me the rent history for my apt. and sure enough
I was overcharged.But you might have to put it in writing and make a formal Foil
request. Ask the Freedom of Information officer at DHCR for the
procedure for obtaining public records from DHCR.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name