Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Contact DHCR's Hotline

Posted by jerry on January 07, 1999 at 00:54:52:

In Reply to: How do I find out if my apartment actually is or isn't Stablized? posted by James on January 06, 1999 at 18:07:14:

To find out if your apartment is or was rent stabilized call DHCR's hotline at 718-739-6400. DHCR will quickly (within days) send an apartment printout to "Occupant" of the apartment you call about. Or you can get a more detailed apartment printout on the spot by going to one of DHCR's local offices. You will need proof of tenancy --a copy of your lease will do). Be aware that whether or not the landlord can take the apartment out of rent stab because the rent goes over the 2K mark, IS subject to challenge by the next tenant in possession of the apartment after the landlord raises the rent over the 2K mark.

Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name