Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: oil burner puffbacks , respiratory problems

Posted by Richard on January 08, 1999 at 11:26:09:

In Reply to: oil burner puffbacks , respiratory problems posted by Amiad Kushner on January 07, 1999 at 21:12:11:

: I am seeking information on possibly hazardous emissions from oil heaters. Can oil heat result in toxic emissions? Can oil burner puffback result in health problems? Does the age of the oil heat unit matter?

: Specific health problems include:
: - nausea
: - respiratory problems, such as asthma
: - chronic fatigue

............DO you have a Carbon Monoxide Detector in your apartment???, If not GO BUY ONE!!!!!.... We had major problemss with our OLD (70 year old) boiler and it occasionally used to blow white smoke all thruough the building, then one morning at 6:45 am the carbon monoxide detector went off , woke us up, and there whas a fog of white smoke in the hall way SO I called THE FIRE DEPT...!!!! And when they got here I let them know in no uncertain terms this was not the First time, I signed a complaint and they shut the boiler off, gave the LL a violation and Forced Them to Fix the boiler, on the promise of installing a NEW one, they finally did put in a new boiler a month later..... after disaasmbling the old boiler, and getting rid of the asbestos surrounding to old boiler.....So calling the Fire Dept and signing a complaint that we could have DIED if we didnt have a carbon monoxide detector really worked to solve the problem!!!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name