Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Techno musician below...what to do??

Posted by Kirstin on January 08, 1999 at 15:48:27:

In Reply to: Techno musician below...what to do?? posted by john birge on January 06, 1999 at 01:39:22:

Read the "Noise" section offered under New York General Information on the home page to this very web site. It has some good articles addressing this issue. It may not be very expensive to go buy some sound-proofing material for your floor (there's a store listed on Wooster Street)--also, the best way listed to get the landlord's attention is to stop paying rent (after informing the ll why you are doing so, of course). When the landlord takes you to court, it is here that you can state your complaints and ask for a rent abatement. The landlord is required to keep up a "warranty of habitability" ie. make sure your apartment is livable. Since the guy downstairs is playing an electric instrument, not an acoustic guitar or singing, you can most likely get an abatement and get the judge to issue the guy downstairs restricted times when he can play, if at all.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name