Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Plumber's Qualifications

Posted by Dave on January 08, 1999 at 20:40:14:

In Reply to: Plumber's Qualifications posted by Jeremy Colton on January 08, 1999 at 19:21:21:

: My landlord wants me to let someone into my apartment to do plumbing work for the building who is not a licensed plumber. Is there any standard as to whom I must allow to do work here? I am concerned about bonding as well as skill, and also am suspicious of the person who won't give me his address.
The NYC Dept. of Bldgs. requires that a licensed plumber must be used
for any plumbing work beyond minor faucet / toilet / drain work.
You can check with Dept. of Bldgs. (212.312.8217) to see if someone
who claims to be a licensed plumber actually is one. For anytype of work
beyond minor work (i.e.: if the owner wants to move pipes, install new
lines & radiators, etc.) then applications have to be filed at DOB and a
permit for the work as specified must be obtained. Often owners will try
to get tenants to go along with a plan to let an unlicensed worker do work in
or around an apartment (it can be a lot cheaper). Just know it is not legal
to go that route. Call DOB @ 212.312.8007 to report work in progress that
is being performed byunlicensed individuals.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name