Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Landlord entering apartment

Posted by landlord hater on January 08, 1999 at 21:42:13:

In Reply to: Landlord entering apartment posted by Liz on January 08, 1999 at 19:52:20:

Liz, I was horrified to hear what happened to you !!! He could have been shot, or worse, had he tried that in my abode !! Send him a letter via certified mail return receipt requested and one via regular mail and spell it out very clearly that if he wants to come in your house he better ring the bell first or send a letter ahead of time !!! The landlord is allowed to enter only for emergency repairs and must give ample notice for any other reason, usually 24 - 48 hours in advance. I would CHANGE the locks so that he can NEVER pull that stunt again. Leave the bottom lock the same so he can make repairs on appointments and you leave the top lock unlocked. Advise him that the lock was changed and that you will NOT give him a key due to his INSANE behavior !!
I would advise you to add a very heavy door chain , so that you can open the door a few inches. It's too bad that you didn't have a dog tear him to pieces. I would file a complaint with the Police Dep't so you have a written record of what he did. Try to find another place to live. This guy is an animal !! " DO NOT BE AFRAID TO FILE REPORT OR SEND LETTER "

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name