Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Plumber's Qualifications

Posted by John E. Marre on January 13, 1999 at 10:19:54:

In Reply to: Re: Plumber's Qualifications posted by Fred Lappert on January 12, 1999 at 11:06:44:

Thank you Fred. Even as I type this, the very thing is happening... three people to change a lock!

: : Thanks for the information. May I presume that this applies to structural work like reapirs to cracks in wall and ceilings?
: : My landlord likes to have the super do a lot of work in the building, no matter what the nature. The super finds "friends" of his (mostly from the streets) to come in a actually DO the work.

: Cracks in walls (plaster) can be handled by a handyman. If it's structural and the work needed is beyond pointing, the DOB must have an application, which requires a licensed engineer and/or architect. Problem is that engineers/architects don't supervise the work and although they are under threat of losing their license, this invariabley never happens.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name