Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Find out if the building is or should be stabilized.

Posted by MikeW on February 04, 1999 at 13:50:36:

In Reply to: 35% rent increase, how to fight it posted by martin meyer on February 03, 1999 at 21:10:57:

There is a database of registered building on this site. The rules for what buildings should be registered are probably in here also. If it looks like the building should be registered and isn't get a lawyer, and file a complaint.

If you can't get under rent regulation somehow, your out of luck.

: We are responsible tenants and have been living in an apartment in
: Williamsburg, Brooklyn for the past 6 years. So far, the rent increases
: have been modest (about 8% per year). Now the landlady wants 35% more.
: Our building has fewer than 6 units and I assume we are neither rent-
: controlled nor rent-stabilised. The landlady argued that this is the
: market value now which is probably true since rents have increased in
: this neighbor at an astronomical rate due to severe gentrification.
: Is there anything we can do about it or have we no rights whatsoever?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name