Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Coop Board Unjustified Eviction

Posted by rc on February 06, 1999 at 11:14:14:

I have been subleting an apartment in a coop from my neighbour for 3 years. In that 3 year period there was only one complaint against me as a tenant three years ago.
A new coop board has usurped the old one in a 'board coup' back in September. Since then the new board has fired and evicted the maintenance man of 10yrs and his wife, they have
fired the property management company, and now they are trying to evict me by refusing to renew my lease.

The had originally sent me a '5-day Termination of Lease Notice' in November and cited "insubordination to building staff", "breaking house rules", "excessive noise at all times", and "breaching building security" as reasons for eviction.

There has never been any instance of any neighbour complaints (my landlord lives next door and he has never complained) and I have always been respectful of other neighbours.

What should I do??... Do I have any rights as a subletter in a co-op?? Can I stay beyond the termination of my lease???

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name