Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Constructive eviction: ALL TENANTS TAKE NOTICE !!

Posted by John E. Marre on February 17, 1999 at 00:27:43:

In Reply to: Re: Constructive eviction: ALL TENANTS TAKE NOTICE !! posted by landlord hater on February 16, 1999 at 23:14:09:

Kudos to Michael Giblin! A worthy battle cry it it. Here's another along the same line: 3 court dates and two stips later, I get partial repairs, am told that I'm responsible for such things as paints, floor covering, furniture protection.
On the first stip I was given an abatement. The landlord sent "someone" to begin the repairs one day and that was the end of that. Repairs incomplete.
When the second court date came up, the ll's atty showed with a stack of papers which, in effect said that I defaulted and the ll prayed for final judgement (the old boot out the door routine).
Well, the second stip gave an additional 10 days to complete the repairs. Same thing happened... someone shows, a little spackle and gone again.
The third court date is coming up.
Yes, I'm getting pretty fed up. But I'm paying a 4-digit rent for what has become my home. If I leave, no doubt, the leech ll will up the rent and pocket some more change! FAT CHANCE!
We need more people to get up off their backsides and at least make some sort of effort to maintain the dignity that's due to tenants.
Like we say to the neighbors here who piss and moan about conditions in their apartments but won't participate in any activities-as a group-to improve their lot: If you won't do something to help those who got and are fighting, you're only asking for what you've got and worse. And, you're getting it. Well deserved it is too.
It's a shame we have to fight for good shelter these days. But, no doubt, if we would get good shelter, we'd all be peacefully living in it and minding our other affairs. Yes?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name