Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: landlady harassment

Posted by TenantNet on February 20, 1999 at 19:23:33:

In Reply to: landlady harassment posted by kim on February 09, 1999 at 21:14:39:

That the MO is from Jersey makes no difference. For her late-night
appearances, write her a letter telling her that any issue she has she
can bring to your attention in writing, or via phone calls, or in
person up till 9 pm (unless real emergency). Tell her any late night
interruptions will give you cause to contact the authorities.

: My landlady, who also lives in the building, has really pissed me off this time. I live with two roomates. The last two months, one of our roomates was late on rent, the most was for 9 days. This month she gave. on time, a money order to pay rent, and the landlady accepted. However at midnite, she came furiously banging on the door (she ALWAYS does that; never calls) and said that since the money order was from jersey, it would take too long to clear(we live in Bklyn) and demanded it be cash or she would consider it as late payment!
: Now we have been putting up with this irrational, unreasonable lady for almost 2 years. She has monitored our guests and tried to raise rent when a former roomates girlfriend was over often, saying that since "another person was living there" it costs more money. Any appointments made were never kept by her, and she always contacts us by attacking us going in and out or by banging on the door, any time day or night, like there's a fire, never using the phone. I'm sick of her bullying and just plain rudeness. I refuse to leave because of being bullied/harassed. Please inform me of what I can do in an adult, rational way, before it gets out of hand.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name