Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Falsifying court papers

Posted by TenantNet on February 20, 1999 at 19:43:41:

In Reply to: Re: Falsifying court papers posted by satori on February 20, 1999 at 15:31:34:

: I'm not sure but I think you could file and appeal to a higher court. But,
: call the bar association. They will refer you to a lawyer and charge
: around $25 (if you live in NYC) for one half hour

If it can be preoven the papers are false, it would be grounds to reopen
and stay the matter, especially as garnishing wages are pursuant to a
judgement and the matter had gone on up to this point.

As for the Bar Association, they do offer such a service (is it still $25?)
but it doesn't substitute for a good tenant attorney; unless the case is
simple, it might be a waste of money, and you might get a lawyer that is
unfamiliar with the complexity of NY L&T laws, has only done a few L&T cases,
or is a LL attorney. The advice you get might only be worth what you pay for it.
As for the Nolo suggestion (that you previously mentioned), they are OK
for the rest of the country, but unsuitable for New York. We know as we've
helped them write some of their material).

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name