Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Possible Apartment renovations

Posted by TenantNet on February 21, 1999 at 14:38:34:

In Reply to: Re: Possible Apartment renovations posted by W Cramer on February 18, 1999 at 12:50:29:

: What kind of it regulated? In NYC in order to raise the rent of a regulation apartment the landlord must pay out of pocket for capital improvement, submit an MCI increase request. If its a improvement like new refrigerator or stove the landlord again pays for it and asks for a 1/40th of cost rent this case however the tenant can refuse until lease renewal time.
: Whatever the case if you're paying for approved improvements then the landlord can not ask for a rent increase but of course may try scare you off to get a higher paying advise its not your property pay for no improvments out of your pockets because if end up leaving landlord just got a higher rent without any out of pocket expenses.

Major Capital Improvements must be building-wide. Individual apartment
improvements can only result in increased rent between tenants (not at
lease renewal time as you indicated) unless the tenant agrees. Tenants
can always refuse.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name