Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Sublet info? Please help/advise

Posted by TenantNet on February 21, 1999 at 14:50:28:

In Reply to: Sublet info? Please help/advise posted by Bob on February 18, 1999 at 14:49:29:

: I've been illegally subletting in a rent stabalized apt for 2 1/2 years, paying double the rent to the lease holder. He just gave me notice to move. Can I somehow fight this and legally claim the lease for myself?

You can certainly claim an overcharge. Subletting is permissible as
per RPL 226-b. See the March 96 Met Council issue on the TenantNet
web site for subletting info.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name