Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: rent increase w/no lease

Posted by DK on February 22, 1999 at 20:24:21:

In Reply to: rent increase w/no lease posted by george on February 22, 1999 at 19:36:09:

Under rent stabilization you are entitled to 120 days notice of your choice of a one or two year renewal lease. The rent increase is 2% or 4% depending on your choice. The rent increase does not go into effect until the renewal is effective, that is, at least 120 days from the offer to renew.

Send the landlord a letter indicating that you want to renew your lease and request that the landlord send you a proper renewal offer as required by the Rent Stabilization Code. Continue paying your old rent until you are sent a proper renewal offer.

: I signed a lease in Feb. '92 which has never been renewed nor has the rent increased. I just got a letter from the landlord (not notorized) that my rent will be increased 15%. However, no lease was included with the letter. My building is rent stabilized, but does that mean that my individual unit is protected? (it is one of 8 in the bldg.). I do not have a copy of the original lease to refer to. Any suggestions?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name