Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

dog and people noise upstairs

Posted by David on February 24, 1999 at 21:06:32:

A month ago my fiance and I moved into a basement apartment that is fairly modern from someone who manages a basement apartment for my finces aunt. Anyway, we visited the place a couple of times and really liked the place. We asked the landlord about the people upstairs and about the noise levels. He assured us that the people were not loud and that when he lived there he had no problems. Well, for the past month, we have been living these peoples schedules because when they come home its loud because the dogs bark and run around and we can hear everything. We can't go to sleep before them for fear of being woken up (which happens 9 out of 10 times) and when we want to sleep in on the weekend we can't because they come charging down the stairs waking us up out of a deep sleep. I have talked to the landlord who seems confused that we hear noise, and my fiance has talked to the people upstairs informing them where our bedroom is and to be sensitive to the fact that we can hear everything that they do or say. What can we do? We love dogs and would have them, but our place is too small. Our landlord tells us that he understands and to call them whenever this issue comes up, but I don't want to constantly be calling and complaining when I have other issues to deal with as well. We feel like we are the ones causing problems by complaining. Our friends know that something is up because we are not ones to complain over trivial issues and my fiance is a huge dog lover. Help, suggestions please because I think that I'm going to get an ulcer over this.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name