Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Vacancy Decontrol

Posted by satori on February 26, 1999 at 20:20:18:

In Reply to: Vacancy Decontrol posted by bob on February 26, 1999 at 19:56:03:

I'm not that sure of rent control theres different legalese ectera. i live in a
stabilized apartment. but I think its somewhat similar. I think its called
a ;landlord for controlled apartments cannot chage whats above the
MBR rate. Maxxium base rent set by the board that regulates it. I think also, he's required to
in the process of getting the apartment to stabilization notifying
the tenat in the mail so that you can file some form if you are
in dispute with it. So< I think you might be able to get any money back
if you were overcharged, if it was stabilized you could get treble damages

of the overcharge. met council could propably tell you what agency handles
Rent controlled apartments, and what forms to fill out, I think tenant . net
has stuff on decontrol as well, read that as well.Nolo press has a book
on landlord/ tenant matters they have all kinds of hunts for
non lawyers on how to obtain there rights discussed in non-lawyer talk.

: When I moved into my apartment in 1990 I was the first rent stabilized tenant. However, the landlord did not decontrol the apartment with the DHCR (to convert to rent stabilization) until 1997. Are there any legal repercussions? I hate my landlord and would love to give him crap.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name