Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Sprinkler Inspections

Posted by tony on March 07, 1999 at 13:54:44:

In Reply to: Re: Sprinkler Inspections posted by tony on March 07, 1999 at 13:47:59:

:spriker systems require that a certified inspector or company perform monthly inspections must have a certificate of fitness from the nycfd.records are to be maintained on file for 1 year for review by the fd.mostly this is a visual inspection with a annual flow test free study books are available from the fd which covers what is entailed in inpection. also cetificates are required to be posted in supts. office showing who the inspector is.
: : : Also: what about "certification" for superintendents? How can a tenant
: : : find out if a person is qualified and properly trained to do the job?
: : : (Please don't suggest asking the owner for the info: we get shut down at
: : : every turn when trying to find out what is up.) Thanks for any real
: : : assistance that can be shared.

: : Good luck getting HPD or DOB to actually enforce the law, but years ago I was successful in getting HPD to look inther files and place a violation for lack of a super certification. But it doesn't mean much as there are no real qualifications. All the owner has to do is "certify" that the super is qualified. OTOH, I think they are required to have a boiler license.
: :

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name