Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: ?% rent inc to move to diff apt in rent stab building

Posted by isaac on March 10, 1999 at 13:23:09:

In Reply to: ?% rent inc to move to diff apt in rent stab building posted by Melissa on March 10, 1999 at 10:57:33:

The landlord can charge you the maximum rent increase allowable, 20%.
Whether or not you live at present in the same building is irrelevant. Try negotiating with him, pointing out that you pay on time, etc.
Polishing the floor does not fit in the category of "renovation."

: How much can the rent increase on a just vacated $1200 apartment in a rent stabilized building? I am looking to move into this apartment and I curretnly live in the building. The only renovation made was polishing the hardwood floors, and the last tenant lived there for one year.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name