Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: How to file for harassment in Housing Court?

Posted by Helena on March 10, 1999 at 23:09:52:

In Reply to: How to file for harassment in Housing Court? posted by Angry Tenant on March 10, 1999 at 13:46:26:

: Might be going again, in a non-payment case wherein LL will be asked to prove he is justified collecting rent amount amount from PAR that revoked my Order Finding Rent Overcharges . . .
: Re: the LL's attorney who told me to drop dead - I cannot face him again!
: Any other remedies?
: If LL continues to engage services of this #*%!X, after being made aware of this threat on my life, .......................what?

I've heard of asking the judge (making a motion, probably) to remove an attorney from a case, usually for conflict of interest or prior bad acts. I think you really really need your own attorney. You said you filed bankruptcy, have you filed for 'poor person' status in Housing Court? Don't they assign you an attorney if they grant it? Or is that only with the Guardian status?

Some practical advice, if you don't mind: do not go to court alone, if at all possible. Do not speak to that attorney at all. Stay in the courtroom, near the clerk or the officer. Get there earlier than them, stay in the courtroom after they leave.

Are you the one from the SRO? There is a special SRO legal project to help SRO tenants: wish I could remember where I saw that: try in the Met Council newspaper (copies of articles are on, or maybe it was thru Legal Aid....

Wish I had more answers... God Bless.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name