Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Super is coming in while we are not home

Posted by Will on March 19, 1999 at 18:44:55:

In Reply to: Super is coming in while we are not home posted by danielle on March 19, 1999 at 11:53:15:

If its an emergency the super is allowed to enter your apartment on his own after first checking to see if you're home. This can be by force if he does not have the keys. Anything other than emergency requires notice and an appointment. Tell the super verbally and write the owner of the building and ask them to tell the super to call or ring your bell first to see if your home before entering the apartment in an emergency and only if its a real emergency. The super can not use force to enter your apartment if you are home and he shouldn't be coming in to check on things if no emergency exists.

Will

: Hello,
: I moved into an apt. in Dec. A month ago our alarm went off at 12:45 pm sat night.We recently find out our super came into because we have several main valves in our apt. we were nver told that he would be entereing our apt, never signed an agreement . now he tells us he needs our alarm code and if we put dead bolt on he will "break a window to get in" I understand that this is a very old buiding and all the valves are on the 10th floor, but I do not want him in when we are not home. What rights do we have. He is coming tomorrow to fix the plumbing and is to bring a document from the mgt company saing he is allowed in at any time.. what do we do??Please help
: Danielle

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name