TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Super puts air in my apt. w/out notification

Issues unrelated to specific categories below

Moderator: TenantNet

Super puts air in my apt. w/out notification

Postby JM-Tenant » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:17 pm

In continuing harassment that has gone on in my building, the super keeps putting air in to my kitchen/living room area.

It's weird whatever is. First it sucks the air out of the apt then once that's done he sometimes replaces it with smelly things right by the door like rotting meat, something fecal, dirty soapy water.

The latter 3 will last for hours. The rotting meat smell hovered outside my door and the outside wall of the apartment from 12-10pm Saturday before last.

When I asked him about it he pretended he didn't know what it was and then it was replaced with something strong and menthol like it made us all cough/sneeze for the rest of the night.

Also the air blocks any smells from coming in the living room. If I happen to be baking pies, burning incents, cooking bacon, none of it can be smelled.

Even if I mop with pine sol or Fabreeze it blocks all of that. The only time he turned it off was when Con Ed stopped by one day.

Is this legal?
JM-Tenant

Postby TenantNet » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:40 pm

What do you mean by putting air? How is this done? What devices does he use?

This does not sound too credible.
The Tenant Network(tm) for Residential Tenants
Information from TenantNet is from experienced non-attorney tenant
activists and is not considered legal advice.

Subscribe to our Twitter Feed @TenantNet
TenantNet

Postby JM-Tenant » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:55 pm

My building is a newer building and there's a way they can put purified air in the hallways and even in apartments. I've been told it's done similar to the way they use central air conditioning that services large buildings.

But it can be set to a particular room or an apartment. However they do it, or whatever they use it sucks all the air or whatever I have going in my apt.

Every morning I burn incents or candles when I come in from work. I clean and mop the kitchen/bathroom and you can't detect at all that I've done this.

My daughter and friends say the same thing. We can never smell anything we've sprayed or anything. Even perfumes. Plus the super sent somebody up this morning and right after the person left the air changed and I could no longer smell my incents.
JM-Tenant

Return to NYC General Discussion