TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

tenant moving out

Issues unrelated to specific categories below

Moderator: TenantNet

tenant moving out

Postby jarl123 » Wed May 14, 2014 12:32 am

I understand that i have to give 30days noticed to the property management.
the property owner had changed the property management 3times since i entered the property , every new property mgt. they havent provide me a lease agreement. only lease agreement i have was from first property mgt since i had started the renting process but the contract was stated that it can be prorate if moving out. but the contract was expired 9months ago.so basically i am on month to month basis.
the noticed i provided to the property mgt. dated on may 12 effective of moving out. the 30days its gonna be june 12. my last day of the property is may 18. since i am not living the property in the month of june i only want to pay the prorate amount. but the property management they want me to pay the whole month. they were saying i have to followed their rules. which is i dont know their rules because i have not signed anything from them. they havent give me any rules agreement.
so i need help or advice on how to get away on this situition and to get my deposit back?
thank you
jarl123

Re: tenant moving out

Postby TenantNet » Wed May 14, 2014 12:49 am

You posted in the Reference Section, which will get no replies. We moved your post to NYC General. However you don't say where you are, so it's difficult to answer, at best. You don't indicate what type of tenant you are. And, you also don't understand that sentences usually start with capital letters. How do you expect us to read this? Please read the Forum rules, and please make this so we can understand what it is you are asking.
The Tenant Network(tm) for Residential Tenants
Information from TenantNet is from experienced non-attorney tenant
activists and is not considered legal advice.

Subscribe to our Twitter Feed @TenantNet
TenantNet

Return to NYC General Discussion