TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

dishwasher

Issues unrelated to specific categories below

Moderator: TenantNet

dishwasher

Postby patree125 » Thu Jan 09, 2003 3:49 am

i've been living in my apt for over 24 yrs. i had a washingmachine and dishwasher, which i paid 14.00 extra per month to L/L my dishwasher was old so i decided to replace it but when the deliveryman came to my apt the L/L siezed it and wouldn't let it in my apt. i had to call cops and still wasn't able to get it back, i went to courthouse and a lawyer from the courts told me he wasn't allow to do that.it was theft on his part,i got it back but now i am being taken to court for holdover, he did send my a letter to cure since nov. but he cashed my checks, for nov and dec also but he then wire transfer dec rent back to my own checking acct. he is just hararssing me because other tenants have dishwashers also. please give me some advise thanks
patree125

Re: dishwasher

Postby Chimera » Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:14 pm

Your previous post about succession rights states that you've been living in this apartment for 3 years, not 24, and that your name isn't on the lease. I'm a little confused as to your actual situation here. At any rate, before worrying about a dishwasher, I'd try to work out whether or not you can actually live in this apartment. There is no sense in installing a brand new appliance if there is a chance of getting evicted. Also, I wouldn't recommend discarding the original appliances until you know that you have rights to the apartment.
Chimera

Re: dishwasher

Postby patree125 » Thu Jan 09, 2003 2:00 pm

sorry if i confused you, but i was telling you about my problem about the dishwasher. which i posted is all true , then asked about my moms apt. concerning my sisters sucessions rights. sorry if i didn't post anything the right way.
patree125

Return to NYC General Discussion