TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Vigilance while living at 615 W 162nd St, NEW YORK, NY 10032

Issues unrelated to specific categories below

Moderator: TenantNet

Vigilance while living at 615 W 162nd St, NEW YORK, NY 10032

Postby Living_Under_Fear » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:30 pm

Attention to all current residents, prospective residents, current management (RCR Management)- 212-873-4919, future management, current owner and any future owner's. This is what we wake up to on a daily basis. At night we must navigate in between the drug dealers and drug runners to safely get inside the building and in the morning we navigate between the baby diapers and cigarette butts left to start our day off. What a fantastic opportunity to be able to pay NYC rent's which we all know is over priced and yet still feel like this is the inner city slums. How can you possibly expect residents here to feel safe when there is no security, no lighting no attention paid to the up keep of the building. What are we paying thousands of dollars a month for? Call the cops someone says. I would be glad to call the cops however it is not their duty to keep this apartment building up to code, well lite and functioning according to the amount of rent we pay. It is not the cops job to evict tenants who do not play by the rules and who cause actual harm to others. It isnt hard to make sure this building is manned and cared for appropriately. This management company and owner should be worried this doesn't end up on the nightly news.
Be sure to pay attention to the photos attached including the bottles left on window sills and the Pizza boxes thrown about from the sidewalk gathering the night before. Not to mention the bag of garbage simply left on the landing for someone else to worry about. We live in a civilized world or at least I thought until I moved here. Who leaves their garbage just randomly in the hallway? Why am I constantly worried when entering the building at night that the person walking in behind me I haven't seen before and have to worry about being robbed or attacked. Why are random people waiting for me to open the door on my way out obviously not having a key to get in. Why are my packages always missing or tampered with? Why are our mailboxes literally falling off the wall? This shouldn't be this way. There are children that live her there are single women and elderly all of whom pay their share why are we being asked to live like this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Living_Under_Fear

Re: Vigilance while living at 615 W 162nd St, NEW YORK, NY 1

Postby TenantNet » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:38 pm

The first and third photos show trash in sidewalk tree pits. Is this mostly left by building residents, or my people passing by? Seems like a concentration of debris for someone walking by and just dropping something.

Is this not cleaned up by the building staff?

Yes, the cops are useless in many situations, but this is not a police issue (unless they see it happening - don't buy their excuses that they can't do anything). Still, you can complain to 311, you can write letters to the Dept. of Sanitation with photos, to your local community board and elected officials. And is there a block association? If so, what about them?

Google Street View shows a cleaner block.

How long has the scaffolding been up? What work is being done? Any idea when it will come down?

Is this a homeless encampment or just uncaring neighbors?
The Tenant Network(tm) for Residential Tenants
Information from TenantNet is from experienced non-attorney tenant
activists and is not considered legal advice.

Subscribe to our Twitter Feed @TenantNet
TenantNet

Postby Living_Under_Fear » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:10 pm

The above garbage photos from above and present are created by evening/ 4am drug dealers, 24/7. sleeping in cars. The pictures are from Sunday 11th morning.

Scaffolding been up for over 3 months. The building has permits posted in front of the entrance for facade work, ? Permits are set to expire on 12/31/19

EDIT: I can't post additional photos on this thread.
Living_Under_Fear

Postby TenantNet » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:33 pm

There is a maximum number of attachments per post (3), but no setting per thread. There is also a max. number for the entire board. Even so, we get the idea ... no need to post more photos.

If it's a drug problem, have you approached your local precinct about this? Have they done anything?

TenantNet

Postby Living_Under_Fear » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:36 pm

Present pictures are from Sunday 11th morning.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Living_Under_Fear on Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Living_Under_Fear

Postby Living_Under_Fear » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:45 pm

The local police hasn't done anything on the problem. I was told by a old tenant whos trustworthy living in the above address stated 2 police raids took place in less than 12 months in one of the apartments.

TenantNet wrote:There is a maximum number of attachments per post (3), but no setting per thread. There is also a max. number for the entire board. Even so, we get the idea ... no need to post more photos.

If it's a drug problem, have you approached your local precinct about this? Have they done anything?
Living_Under_Fear

Postby TenantNet » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:31 pm

Please, no more photos, it just eats up space that others could be using, and it doesn't tell us anything. Besides, this is not a landlord/tenant issue.

TenantNet

Return to NYC General Discussion