TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Verizon

Issues unrelated to specific categories below

Moderator: TenantNet

Verizon

Postby libertey777 » Fri Sep 13, 2002 4:14 pm

Situation:
1.Got a letter from my landlord's lawyer stating that the telephone installation/wiring is close to the steampipe and therefore unacceptable and unsafe.
2. Technicians from Verizon came over to check the installation and verified that this is safe.
3. The verizon foreman/manager even confirmed this. And told me that they dont issue any written acknowledgemnt. He gave me his phone# instead.

Question:
1. Am I still liable to my landlord even if the Verizon installation is in the basement and not actually inside the apartment? Is there any law on this?
2. What can I do? What should I tell my landlord? Verizon doesnt issue any written statements.
libertey777

Re: Verizon

Postby consigliere » Sat Sep 14, 2002 12:02 am

Wiring in the public portions of the building is something for the landlord to work out with Verizon.

Let the landlord contact Verizon directly if he has complaints about the location of Verizon's wiring. If the landlord is still not satisfied, he can contact the Public Service Commission.

consigliere

Re: Verizon

Postby libertey777 » Sun Sep 15, 2002 6:48 pm

Thank You.
But do you know of any statutes regarding on wiring on public portions? (So I can show my landlord just in case?)
libertey777

Return to NYC General Discussion