TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Dealing with vague, general threats from LL's employees

Issues unrelated to specific categories below

Moderator: TenantNet

Dealing with vague, general threats from LL's employees

Postby I.M. Losingit » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:09 pm

I was eating my breakfast this morning in the common lobby of the "Bowery Flophouse-cum-Tourist Hostel" where I live, and one of the owner's drug-addict/convicted felon "maintenance workers" was pontificating out loud, for my benefit, to some of the other permanent tenants, about how friendly he is with members of the [Insert notorious, frequently in the news hardcore Gang here]. This maintenance worker was saying how easy it would be to get this gang to "take care of" various building troublemakers, meaning myself and/or the other 2-3 tenants who are also in housing court with our lovely hotel-owner.
While I'm not worried that anything is about to happen, I do feel the need to document this for legal reasons. It's not serious or specific enough for me to go to the precinct over, IMHO, but I feel I shouldn't let this incident slide without reporting it to _somebody_!
What do the brilliant legal minds and tenant activist types here have to say about this? Is this something that I could or should report to the DHCR using their harassment complaint form?
Other thoughts, comments?
Thanks.
--I.M. Losingit
Moving out is NOT possible at this time. Fighting for my rights is my ONLY option. Please respect & understand my situation.
I.M. Losingit

Return to NYC General Discussion