TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Broker Makes Promises - LL is Unresponsive - Who is Resp

Issues unrelated to specific categories below

Moderator: TenantNet

Broker Makes Promises - LL is Unresponsive - Who is Resp

Postby mokco » Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:59 pm

I moved into an apt managed by the Feil Organization as I wanted to live in a place that is professionally managed by a large, structured, reputable, well capitalized company. I had some problems with my broker (as he was very sloppy) - he promised a lot! He indicated that the apt was undergoing a full remodel. It has been 3 months since I moved in - and no renovations have been done. I asked the broker to 'promise' the renovations at the time of my lease signing - he provided some hard copy e-mail threads with the management agent and hand wrote in what would be done. I also have documented (recorded) promises made by the supt. that confirms the broker's promise. Since my move, other apts have been renovated to the same level promised. Others who moved in prior to me, also had their apts refurbished. When it comes to me, no one is moving and my certified letter to the management company has yet to receive a response. I get the feeling that the broker and ll are acting inapporprioately and may seek further action (since I have also yet to receive a countersigned lease.) Can someone offer any thoughts or advice? Much appreciated!
mokco

Return to NYC General Discussion