TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

love my dog

Issues unrelated to specific categories below

Moderator: TenantNet

love my dog

Postby whyteghost » Fri Jun 07, 2002 12:45 pm

i bought adog home on march 3 2001. they gave my wife o holdover on june 20 2001 wich is just past the 90 period of wich the landlord had to file. they sent her to court on july 25 2001 and she signed an agreemant that she would not harbor a dog since she told them the dog was only visiting.she also agreed to let management have random inspections of the apartment for dogs. They nevr came to look for any dog after that day in court. now on march 25 2001 maintenance broke into the apartment without permission when noone was home cuz a pipe burst in the walls of the house. upon entering they discovered the dog in the apartment again. this is almost a whole year later. now on june 2 they sent another holdover letter saying they are going to reopen the previous case due to the fact the original court stipulation was violated. CAN I SAY THAT I OPENLY HARBORED THE DOG FROM THE BEGGINNING EVEN THOUGH I SAID THAT THE DOG ONLY VISITS FROM TIME TO TIME SINCE THEY ARE REOPENING THAT PARTICULAR CASE. THEY ALSO SAID THEY OBSERVED THE DOG SEVERAL TIMES ENTERING AND LEAVING THE PREMISES, BUT ON MY COPY OF THE HOLDOVER IT DOESNT HAVE DATES AND TIMES OF WHEN THEY SAID THEY SAW IT. AND CAN THEY BRING UP THE DOG EVEN THOUGH THEY CAME INTO THE APRTMENT WITH THE SOLE INTENTION OF FIXING A LEAK AND NOT TO LOOK FOR VIOLATIONS. i HAVE PAPERS OF WHEN THE DOG WAS BOUGHT AND I ALSO HAVE SEVERAL PICTURES OF THE DOG OUTSIDE PLAYING AROUND DA DEVELOPEMENT WHEN IT WAS A PUPPY. I ALSO HAVE PICTURES OF HER IN THE APARTMENT. THIS COMPLEX HAS SECURITY ON BIKES,IN SCOOTERS ,ON FOOT , AND CARS PATROLLING ALL DAY LONG AND THEY HAVE SEEN ME WITH THE DOG . i WALKED IT 4 TIMES A DAY. wHAT SHOULD I DO.HELP PLEASE IS THERE SOME TECHNICAL REASON I CAN GET THIS DISMISSED.
whyteghost

Re: love my dog

Postby Cranky Tenant » Sat Jun 08, 2002 2:10 am

Personally I think you should have seen the first case through so that you wouldn't be faced with this issue again. If your wife agreed to get rid of the dog, and you continued to have it in your apartment, I doubt that would consititute the idea that you had "nortotiously" had a pet.

I'd strongly suggest getting a lawyer who is experienced in pet issues.
I'm a cranky tenant NOT a cranky lawyer.
Cranky Tenant

Postby whyteghost » Sat Jun 08, 2002 1:40 pm

do you know of a good lawyer in the metro area thats not too expensive for a consultation. because if i knew this law the first time i definately would have said i openly harbored the dog, but every body i asked never wanted to give me any advice. its like they wanted me to not have the dog

<small>[ June 08, 2002, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: redman ]</small>
whyteghost

Postby consigliere » Sun Jun 09, 2002 9:32 am

See So you want to keep a pet, but your lease has a "No Pet" Clause, by Karen Copeland, Esq., who specializes in pet cases.
consigliere

Return to NYC General Discussion