TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Lack of Services by Landlord

Issues unrelated to specific categories below

Moderator: TenantNet

Lack of Services by Landlord

Postby mannuuel » Wed May 28, 2003 12:33 pm

I am hoping that someone will be able to help me with some advice. I have tried to contact the management agent of my building in Manhattan over 20 times for repairs in my rent-stabilized apartment and these people do not even return my calls. I have tried calling the NYC Dept. of Housing Preservation and Development and, although I know they have called the Managing Agent, still nothing is happening. I have sent letters with cc's to the Landlord and nothing happens, I even tried to go to their office (Gatsby Enterprises and Cougar Associates) and they are still disregarding my requests. Would anyone know of a tenants' office I can go to or any other advice would be appreciated. I know I could try to take them to court but I just do not have the money for it. Thanks
mannuuel

Re: Lack of Services by Landlord

Postby questiongirl » Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:57 pm

I don't know if anyone has contacted you with help or not; I just wanted to say that there should be a Legal Aid office in the court building where you can get basic instructions on how to take action against them in housing court. Good luck!
questiongirl

Return to NYC General Discussion