TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

never use RentWave.com

Issues unrelated to specific categories below

Moderator: TenantNet

never use RentWave.com

Postby ameno » Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:46 pm

Hello,

I just want to warn you NOT to use RentWave.com web site for finding apartments. They will fool you. Don't spend 40 bucks on that bulls...t.

They declair that "you will get in touch with landlords directly". LIE! Instead, they give you phones of real estate agencies! All 20 posting that matched my criteria had phones of real estate agencies.

Do not trust them
ameno

Re: never use RentWave.com

Postby mjr203 » Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:56 pm

from NY state AOG Eliot Spitzer's website:

APARTMENT REFERRAL AGENCIES

Businesses that charge a fee for providing information about the location and availability of rental housing must be licensed by the State. The fees charged by these firms may not exceed one month's rent. When the information provided by the firms does not result in a rental, the entire amount of any pre-paid fee, less $15.00, must be returned to the tenant. Criminal prosecution for violations of this law may be brought by the Attorney General. (Real Property Law, Article 12-C)
most Landlords suck it.
mjr203

Re: never use RentWave.com

Postby ameno » Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:49 am

I just posted this becuase they promise on their site that "you will not have deals with real estate agencies and will contact landlord directly". In reality, all of their (99 percent) postings are from real estate agencies. Do not waste your money on that.
ameno

Return to NYC General Discussion