TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

HELP-Moving In Condition

Issues unrelated to specific categories below

Moderator: TenantNet

HELP-Moving In Condition

Postby morme » Fri Aug 16, 2002 10:01 am

Hello,

I found an aparment on the 4th of August and Sign the lease on teh 12th. When I got the lease Broker told me that they used 8/1/2002 and management will give me the credit next month for the difference from the day I receive the refrigerator and finish repairing (Paint the wall and fix the holes, platers,broken window etc) It is 8/16/2002 today nothing is done. I called management and they are telling me that broker suppose to fix all the problems before moving in and then after move in if there is a problem I have to speak to them. I spoke to broker and he said that is the arragement that they have but nothing is fixed. I am not moved in yet. I am not sure what I can do at this point. Please help!!!!!!!!!
morme

Re: HELP-Moving In Condition

Postby Cranky Tenant » Fri Aug 16, 2002 7:46 pm

Just for starters, licensed brokers don't normally make repairs. That's the landlord's responsibility. If the broker isn't licensed, he's not entitled to a broker's fee.

If I was in your situation I'd check to see if the check had cleared. If it has't, you might want to consider stopping payment, and begin looking for another apartment.
I'm a cranky tenant NOT a cranky lawyer.
Cranky Tenant

Return to NYC General Discussion