TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Nosiy Neighbors

Issues unrelated to specific categories below

Moderator: TenantNet

Nosiy Neighbors

Postby brxgrl » Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:39 pm

The tenants below me (keep that in mind) have two adults and two kids in a one bedroom. The noise coming from them for the past 6 years is ridiculous. I have complained to my landlord in the past and she has spoken to them. It is now to a point where these kids are bigger and every apt. has hardwood floors so at 7 a.m. on the weekends and every night until 9 p.m I am forced to listen to their kids and whatever else it is that generates so much noise - once again, these people live in the apt. below me. My lease is up in a month and I want to renew. My question is, are there any guidelines for the amount of people in a one bedroom and should I cause more waves now being my lease is up by involving the landlord. I've tried to deal with these people but they feel they live there too so why have any consideration. The people that live in apt. below them are intoxicated most of the time so they are of no use and won't complain.

Help me!!!
brxgrl

Re: Nosiy Neighbors

Postby mbrenner » Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:02 pm

When they start up, why don't you try
jumping up and down or banging. Just make
sure the floor is solid and won't collapse.
mbrenner

Re: Nosiy Neighbors

Postby brxgrl » Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:14 pm

Believe me, I've done the banging and stomping. The problem is I don't want it to come down to spite work on my part. Obviously these people don't have any consideration for anyone else and don't care what kind of noise goes on. Keep in mind that there are 4 people living in a one bedroom. Their kids are like 9 and 6 and what I'm looking for are guidelines to back up my complaints with the fact that 4 people should not be residing in a one bedroom and if they plan to stay - then changes need to be made, becasue I'm sick of listening to them.
brxgrl

Return to NYC General Discussion