TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Coop Building Insurance Policy

Issues unrelated to specific categories below

Moderator: TenantNet

Coop Building Insurance Policy

Postby Grace Wu » Wed Mar 20, 2002 9:33 pm

My coop board refuse to file the liquid damage of my apartment from above apartment. They also
refuse to give me the insurance company's name
and policy number. What should I do?
Grace Wu

Re: Coop Building Insurance Policy

Postby Lilly » Thu Mar 21, 2002 3:36 am

The insurance companies' name should be with your papers from when you bought the apartment. Not the title insurance, but the co-op corporations insurance carrier. If you can't find it, ask the super or ask a neighbor. Or perhaps someone in the managing agents office will give the name to you. Better yet, the bank that holds your mortgage will have it.
Lilly

Re: Coop Building Insurance Policy

Postby bundy » Tue Apr 30, 2002 10:58 pm

OK I HAD THIS PROIBLEM IN MY ASIINE COPP WITH THEIR INSURANCE OMPANY I HAD THE NAME AND THE ADJUSTOR CAME BUT THE COOP REFUSED TO HELP HIM . THEY BEHAVED INCORRECTLY AND I WENT TO SMALL CLAIMNS COURT AND WON ALL MY MONEY BACK. YOU HAVE TO FILE IN COURT NOW AND I MAN NOW FOR THE FULL AMOUNT OF ASSESED DAMAGES - EVEN IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD THE WORK DONE YET - THE COST IS ONLY LIKE $15 LEGAL FEE AND THEY HAVE TO PAY THAT BACK TO YOU WHEN YOU SETTLE. BE STRONG AND ASSERTIVE AOBUT THIS. YOUR COOP AND MANAGING AGENT SUCK AND ARE AWFUL. THEY MUSAT GIVE YOU THIS INFORMATION AND THEY MUST SEND AN ASSESOR.
bundy

Return to NYC General Discussion