TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Pest Control Device

Issues unrelated to specific categories below

Moderator: TenantNet

Pest Control Device

Postby Mitchell-Lama 2005 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:30 am

I am so frustrated. In 2001 I bought an electric pest control called "Vermanix" at Costco. You got 5 plug-in units for $20. It worked beautifully. Within two weeks no mice, no roaches, even flies went into a death buzz after a few seconds.

They worked for about 2 1/2 years and stopped. I cannot find them anymore! Because they lasted so long, I am afraid the company was a victim of its own success.

The website is down and the only link I have found so far is a telephone number to Wel Tech in Sisters, Oregon. I am writing a letter to them but I don't feel hopeful.

Has anyone seen this product anywhere? I am desperate. My apartment is being overrun with vermin.
Mitchell-Lama 2005

Re: Pest Control Device

Postby Iddabiddy35 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:24 pm

I wrote about what my son did once before so here goes my suggestion again. Get steel wool and duct tape and check out all openings where pipes come through the walls to your apartment - like under your kitchen sink, in the bathroom where pipes come out of the walls to your sink and john, around the pipes that lead to your radiators and check for spaces between your floor and walls and around your window frames. Stuff every space you find with steel wool and then duct tape. Get the colorless indoor-outdoor caulking and a caulking gun and fill in all the spaces around your window frames and between the floor and your walls. Check inside all your closets to see if there are any openings and likewise in your kitchen cabnets. My son did all this for less than $50.00 and it's worked like a dream. (Write Costco's corporate headquaters and see if they can give you new information about that product.. I have never seen it so I am curious too.)
Iddabiddy35

Postby Iddabiddy35 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:29 pm

Oh and for roaches - get boric acid and put some in the cornors of your kitchen cabnets and sprinkle some of the boric acid powder behind your stove,under your kitchen sink, refrigerator and in the cornors of your apartment rooms.... believe me, it works. And it helps to thoroughly wash down all your kitchen cabnets once a year and put out fresh boric acid. (Get the powdered form of Broic Acid not the granular form)
Iddabiddy35

Postby Iddabiddy35 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:55 am

I love this web-site - so many people know so many things. Bleary-eyes I do believe you found what mitchel-lama was looking for. I have never seen them - interesting. And by-the-way - that Mr. Coffee ice coffee maker - ice tea maker is terrific too.
Iddabiddy35

Postby Mitchell-Lama 2005 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:20 am

Thank you so much the eggshop.net link is exactly what I need.

You can find anything in New York!
Mitchell-Lama 2005

Postby HardKnocks » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:07 am

You were spelling "vermin" as "verman" when you were searching for it, that's why you couldn't find it! I'm glad I could help you eliminate your VERMIN!!! :D
HardKnocks

Return to NYC General Discussion