TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

My nightmare

Issues unrelated to specific categories below

Moderator: TenantNet

My nightmare

Postby Noheat » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:12 am

What,why am I going through all of this if no one was going to do anything? I knew going in nothing would change. The only reason I decided to go to court was because the owners were't giving heat. As long as the laws such as they are are weak ineffectual, never enforced and benifit landlords, the majority of whom are jewish, can make what they want happen, or what they want go away, nothing will ever change for the tenant except for the worse. Even if you have a bad lawyer who is only going through the motions, which I do, the judge isn't interested in hearing anything you have to say so you automatically lose by default and the slumlord wins. If you can't afford a good attorney the way the landlord can you don't stand a chance because if you don't have money no one is going to fight for you. Private law firms don't take on pro bono cases, they're bottom feeders always trolling for a client that pays.
No heat
Noheat

Postby TenantNet » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:25 pm

Mr./Ms. No Heat,

You just pointed four messages in a ranting and disjointing style. No one is going to answer a "woe is me" post.

More over, these were all new threads when you should have continued your prior thread. Please don't start new threads as readers and possible responders will have no idea what information you've posted before.

Also, the ethnicity or religion of any landlord (or tenant) being used as some sort of justification for their actions is generally unacceptable on this board.

So use the earlier thread please for further responses.

And BTW, you have a lawyer. Why don't you call the lawyer and ask what's happening.
The Tenant Network(tm) for Residential Tenants
Information from TenantNet is from experienced non-attorney tenant
activists and is not considered legal advice.

Subscribe to our Twitter Feed @TenantNet
TenantNet

Return to NYC General Discussion