TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

New Lease Problem

Issues unrelated to specific categories below

Moderator: TenantNet

New Lease Problem

Postby mLeroux » Tue May 17, 2011 4:08 pm

My current lease is under my and my husband's name. The super called today stating that the landlord does not see us in the cameras that have been installed in the building.

We just sent in our lease renewal the other day, and the landlord has already cashed in the deposit check.

What should I do-wave to the camera everyday?
mLeroux

Postby queensborough » Tue May 17, 2011 5:40 pm

Why not. If he wants to see you, make a point of letting him see you.

It's hard to believe what goes on in this city, makes me want to leave even sooner than I plan. NYC is has turned into a super stressful & unaffordable place to live, in my opinion. You can't even enjoy your own place without someone questioning you.
queensborough

Postby Emeraldstar » Tue May 17, 2011 11:35 pm

Hi All
I would file a written complaint RRR to the LL direct that the super has made such a claim. That way it's on record. Many supers have control of the camera/computer & could delete data. Might be a new scam to intimidate tenants to caugh up cash. It's a hassel/stressful to prove residency even though your in the right so nip it in the bud. Some people might fall for it. Look at it this way, if your coming & going on camera it's their problem & the equiptment is the LL's not the super's.
Since the install of camera's in blds some supers have lost shut up money from profit tenants holding leases on overcrowded apts/NPR's due to any # of the apts either vacated or cured since exposure to the LL's. Not to mention the key cards have have changed duplication tactics. Some supers aren't even allowed to rent apts because they knew about NPR's hence no cash key money either.
I could be wrong but he sounds desperate & stupid :roll:
Emeraldstar

Return to NYC General Discussion