TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

please help landlord trouble!!!!

Moderator: TenantNet

please help landlord trouble!!!!

Postby tinksplaces » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:29 pm

hi im not sure what to do with my landlord . i have no lease. i pay weekly with cash and only recently got him to agree to give me recipts.anyway i accidently blew a fuse in the guest house i am renting from him and theres a circuit at the main house but a wire got damaged somewhere and he is blaming me for having to fix it. he refuses to fix it and keeps threatening me with lawyers and evictions etc...if i dont pay it. he charges a 1000 a month for a place with no proper heating,a toilet that sometimes gets really blocked,a fride that was mouldy and stopped working so i bought a new one which he expecting me to pay back.i am a couple of weeks behind on the rent though. one was one week and the others added up to a day here and there.i am paying him back what i can each week when i give him my regular rent although he insists on 50 e xtra a week back i cannot afford to do that so im forced to just give him what i have.i dont know what i can do. i apprecaite any help i can get.
tinksplaces

Re: please help landlord trouble!!!!

Postby Downtown » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:27 am

Unless you broke the fridge why are you paying for this.
Unless, it can be shown that you caused the wire defect (like plugging in ac or fridge to incorrect outlet, or mega overload of stuff on 1 outlet), why are you paying for this.
The obvious solution is to move. With no lease, MTM tenant and LL could terminate with minimum notice.
Downtown

Return to General Discussion - beyond New York