TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Resource For Tenant Landlord Laws

Moderator: TenantNet

Resource For Tenant Landlord Laws

Postby ethan78niel » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:58 am

I'm a young homeowner that is interested in buying and renting / selling property.
I've got a property that I'm interested in renting in a few months but I want to educate myself in accordance to my local and federal landlord vs. tenant laws.

Where is a good place to go from here? I've looked around on the Internet and found some good resources but they have all been pay and I have a good feeling that if I look hard enough I could find these for free. I've read some things on lexus-nexus but there isn't too much there. What information and formalities are required for buying renting and selling property? What are the legal documents or applications that are required to be filled?

Does anyone have some great resources outside of this site (which has some great insight)
ethan78niel

Postby TenantNet » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:24 am

There are many sites that deal with your questions, but not here. We're here for defending the rights of tenants, not educating landlords or potential landlords. Of course, some of the information will help you understand the rights of tenants and how you should act as a responsible landlord, but we don't deal with things like property acquisition, finance, maintenance, etc.
The Tenant Network(tm) for Residential Tenants
Information from TenantNet is from experienced non-attorney tenant
activists and is not considered legal advice.

Subscribe to our Twitter Feed @TenantNet
TenantNet

Return to General Discussion - beyond New York