TenantNet Forum

Where tenants can seek help and help others

Attorney Recommendations for Non-Payment

NYC Housing Court Practice/Procedures

Moderator: TenantNet

Attorney Recommendations for Non-Payment

Postby hunterboone » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:10 pm

Hi,

I have my rent history, and there's a significant increase in 2001-2002 that would've required IAI renovations.

I talked to a lawyer, and they said the increase might be hard to fight against and isn't making me feel confident that this is a good lawyer as I have the rental history of 3 other units in the building that clearly never had IAI renovations and were illegally deregulated and they don't seem to think that means anything.

Are there any lawyer/attorney renovations that aren't going to charge me $2,500 to represent me on the 19th of this month as well?
hunterboone

Re: Attorney Recommendations for Non-Payment

Postby TenantNet » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:36 am

If this is the same issue or case from your earlier posts, please post this as a continuation. We can't go searching for your earlier posts.

We took your rent history file off the post as you should not post anything that has personal information on it, like your name or address. We recommend users to send such information by private mail (see the PM button on the left).

If you're looking for a tenant attorney, a number advertise on this site See the top of each page and the right column on the site's home page. You can also look for a free attorney from the Right-to-Counsel program, but there's a huge backlog, too many tenants and not enough lawyers, primarily due to the COVID backlog.

But for deregulations from many years ago, there generally is a 4 year look-back limitation.
The Tenant Network(tm) for Residential Tenants
Information from TenantNet is from experienced non-attorney tenant
activists and is not considered legal advice.

Subscribe to our Twitter Feed @TenantNet
TenantNet

Return to Housing Court - NYC